Homework: Classroom Application

Reflections on your classroom application

Reflections on your classroom application

by Andrew Shauver -
Number of replies: 2

We spent some time together in our first session discussing blended learning, different models of blending learning, SAMR and looking at how these different ideas apply to your situation in your school community.

Then we asked you to try one new thing in your classroom based on what we discussed during our time together.

Please create a forum post that includes the following:

1. Your idea and when you tried it

2. How it went - hopefully both some successes (so we can celebrate with you) and some struggles (so we can all learn together).

Also, we hope that you'll feel free to comment on each other's posts, offering encouragement, celebration and ideas.

Email Andrew (ashauver@inghamisd.org) or Heidi (hgascon@inghamisd.org) if you have any questions.

In reply to Andrew Shauver

GoFormative.com - shared it & used it

by John Ellsworth -

I shared GoFormative.com with the Grand Ledge High School teachers in an email Tuesday night (Sep.29).  I used GoFormative.com for my warm-up activity on Wednesday (Sep.30).  Both went well. I built a quick assignment to show off the functionality of GoFormative.com, emailed it to teachers, and 14 tried the assignment.  We share Good Things each day in class (part of the Capturing Kids' Hearts training/philosophy), so on Wednesday instead of just asking for volunteers to share a Good Thing, I had ALL students share something on GoFormative.com.  After I saw everyone had done one, I showed the live results (without names) and read a few of them.  The students enjoyed the variety, and I liked forcing ALL students to come up with something.  One student's personal device (Android phone) could not get the "Continue without logging in" button to appear, but other than that, no hiccups in using GoFormative.com in my classroom.

Here is a fun one-minute video of what I did: https://animoto.com/play/Yvevakg4V7xHse0uxWNIjg

And here is the message I wrote to my colleagues:

Hello High School Teachers,

Yesterday, I was at a training about Blended Learning.  Loved it.  And got some good gems from it.  I want to share one: GoFormative.com.  It is awesome.  Check it out by visiting an “assignment” I made.

2) Click the very bottom box, “Continue without logging in.”

3) Enter your first and last name.  Click Begin.

Please give it a try…  you might be amazed!  

I’ll be trying it for Good Things with my students on Wed.

Oh…  and one more thing about it…  GoFormative.com is FREE! Truly, completely FREE!

=)
John

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mr. John Mark Ellsworth, Social Studies Teacher at Grand Ledge High School
EllsworthJ@GLcomets.net   |   517.925.5888   |   http://iComets.org

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -