- Topic 1
Join Moodle enthusiasts from across Michigan to share ideas, collaborate with other users, and learn about what's new with Moodle. A wide range of workshops led by experienced educators and Moodle users eager to share their knowledge are listed below. Attendees who want to practice what they learn should bring a laptop computer and have a course in Moodle which they can modify. Registration includes a license for the latest version of TechSmith's SnagIt software for Windows or OSX.
- Collaboration through Moodle
- Creating and Enabling a "Mini Me" in Your Local Districts
- Flipping Instruction Screencasts and YouTube
- Getting in Bed with Embedding
- Getting Started with Moodle
- How an Administrator + a Web Browser can Create a Custom Moodle Site
- How Moodle Changed My/Our Teaching Lives
- Instructional Design and Practice
- Is Moodle Right for Your District?
- Marketing Moodle and More
- Moodle & Google Docs - a Blended Approach
- Moodle and the iPad
- Moodle Integrations - Wordpress, Etherpad, Mahara, Big Blue Button
- Moodle Quizzes: Going Beyond Multiple Choice
- Peer Review ?? Read It, Rate It: Moodle Workshop
- Resources and Contributing to the MiLearns Online Portal
- Teacher Evaluation through Moodle
- Using Badges in Moodle
- Using Moodle in a CTE Curriculum
- Using Your New SnagIt Software
- Instructional Design and Practice Sessions
Instructional Design and Practice Sessions
- Leadership Sessions
- Moodle Administration Sessions
Moodle Administration Sessions
- Session 2: Collaboration through Moodle
Session 2: Collaboration through Moodle
This hands on session will use Moodle to collaborate amongst attendees. All attendees will collaboratively edit a document in real time to collect great thinking. This session will focus on a Moodle add-on (EtherPad). Learn why you want to have this powerful tool at your (and your students') command.
Presenters: Chris Kenniburg and Troy Patterson, Dearborn Public Schools
- Session 3: Teacher Evaluation
Session 3: Teacher Evaluation
Learn how one district set up a Teacher Evaluation Course using Moodle. This session will look at various components in Moodle (such as OUWiki, the Book Module, etc). The question to answer was: can Moodle provide a free alternative to paid teacher evaluation software?
Presenter: Troy Patterson, Dearborn Public Schools
- Session 3: Flipping Instruction Screencasts and YouTube
Session 3: Flipping Instruction Screencasts and YouTube
- Session 4: Getting in Bed with Embedding
Session 4: Getting in Bed with Embedding
To access the sample Getting Embed with Embedding go to this site: http://bit.ly/embedinmoodle - a Moodle course with embed examples, hosted on the Muskegon Area ISD's Moodle server. From the top of this course site you will find a link allowing you to download the entire course with rights to freely modify it as desired.
- Session 4: Moodle Integrations – Wordpress, Etherpad, Mahara, Big Blue Button
Session 4: Moodle Integrations – Wordpress, Etherpad, Mahara, Big Blue Button
Get the most out of Moodle! Learn how to fully integrate Moodle with single sign-on web applications that provide your organization with powerful web 2.0 tools such as blogging, real-time document authoring, and student collaboration.
Presenter: Chris Kenniburg, Dearborn Public Schools
- Topic 10
Free Moodle Resources and Training Videos